Rosehill Waters named Waterwise Development
Jul 28, 2016
- Rosehill Waters by Noahs Rosehill Waters recognised by the Water Corporation as a Waterwise Development
- Development recognised for exceeding water efficiency standards
Rosehill Waters by Noahs Rosehill Waters was today recognised by the Water Corporation as the 15th Waterwise Development in Western Australia.
Water Minister Mia Davies congratulated the development in South Guildford for using best practice water sensitive urban design in its commitment to save water in the drying climate.
"Residents of Rosehill Waters are expected to use significantly less water than the average household in Perth, through waterwise design, water-efficient appliances and alternative water sources," Ms Davies said.
"Thank you to Noahs Rosehill Waters for designing the development to save precious water in our persistent drying climate."
New homeowners will be offered front landscaping packages, which will incorporate water saving design elements such as hydrozoning and predominantly drought tolerant species of plants. Irrigation systems will also be designed in line with waterwise principles, including a rain sensor and controllers that can be adjusted seasonally to ensure water is not being wasted.
Waterwise principles will also be featured inside homes, with water-efficient fixtures and appliances.
The Waterwise Development Program, run by the Water Corporation in affiliation with the Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA Division) EnviroDevelopment program, recognises the importance of designing liveable homes and communities to be more water efficient.
The program offers developers, the building industry and new homebuyers the opportunity to play an important role in conserving the State's water supply.
- Water Corporation's Waterwise Development Program is unique to Western Australia
- The program recognises exceptional water saving outcomes in all types of developments including industrial, retail, education, mixed use, health and aged care projects, as well as residential projects in WA
- For a full list of Waterwise Developments, visit http://www.watercorporation.com.au
Minister's office - 6552 5500